Ask
    Leonie Murka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Find biological father with only first name
    How do l find my birth father with only his first name
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
    You ask your mother for more information.

Or ask other family members.

Were you adopted by a stepfather? If not, his name MAY be on your birth certificate.
    Leonie Murka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Question to synnen.3585131
    I was adopted a few months after my birth. My birth mother died about a year
    later. I have met with my birth mother family but they only know his first name
    and l have a copy of my birth certificate from before my adoption and birth fathers
    name is not on it. I want to meet my birth father. So what do l do now?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2013, 02:02 PM
    First, please reply to this thread rather than start a new question. I've merged the threads for you.

Not much you can do. Short of hiring a private investigator to see if he can track down people who knew your mother around that time. You just don't have enough info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need to find my biological father [ 2 Answers ]

I am 37 and I am trying to find my biological father, all I have is a name. What do I do? I was legally adopted when I was 12 with no rejection

What if I find out my son's father isn't actually his biological father? [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant about 5 years ago - I basically ended a relationship and started a new one with someone else so when I found out I was pregnant, I was never sure who's child it was. But I made the decision to marry this guy and we decided not to do a paternity test and to raise him under the...

Find my biological father [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know my dad and I never have. All I know is his first and last name. I don't know where he lives or where he went to school or anything. Does anyone have any advice for me to find him?

Find my biological father [ 1 Answers ]

I was adopted in 1973 by my step-dad at that time my biological father was not located. From my understanding they ran an add the paper where he was last at no response the adoption went through. I have very limited info on my father but he was born in Ireland so that should narrow things down a...

I need to find my biological father. [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I haven't seen my biological father since I was 3 weeks. :( I have tried everything but all of the websites want $50 plus just for information past his name. I feel like giving up, I just have questions that need to be answered. Is there anyone that can give me advice?

View more questions Search