Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwilliams1990 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2013, 05:21 PM
    Antiques For Sale?
    Hello.. I have quite a collection of antique Bissell sweepers and other memorabilia but would like to get rid of them. What and where would be the best place to get rid of them without losing my investment?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2013, 07:09 PM
    Have you tried Ebay?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2013, 02:41 AM
    I took a look at sold Bissells on eBay, and they do sell, although in the range of $5 to $100, and only 20 sold in the last 3 months. There is a market for them though.

Learning how to sell on eBay is a lot of work - I've done it. Paying someone on commission will net you only about 60% of the sales.

I don't think it's a good idea to sell anything online that can't fit into a box that's much bigger than a shoebox, because so much of the cost is shipping. Some things are better sold through ads in local papers.
    cwilliams1990 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2013, 01:20 PM
    Have you tried like auction houses? I bought several of these off eBay. And... Not too sure about using it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Not I. I have nothing worth enough for an auction house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antiques [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know the time or value of what appears to be a horoscope charm belt? The charms are silver and hang from a silver linked chain. The chain seems too small to be a belt yet the closure doesn't seem to be that of a necklace either. I'm guessing it may be from the 50's?

Do I have antiques [ 3 Answers ]

I have this three piece set of a water kettle or something like that and a sugar bowl and liquid cream kettle with a fruit theme and on the bottom it has a stamp from home trends

How to tell value of antiques [ 0 Answers ]

My grandmother left me some things when she died. Im sure some of the stuff is very old. (My dad is 84, she was 95 when she passed) How can I tell how old something is, and its value? Here are just a few things that I have. I can post pics if that would be helpful Cherry wood claw foot dining...

If I have antiques, and their value? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a question about antiques. I inherited a Stereo console from my father who passed away three years ago. The stereo is a Genuine Diamond Zeneth Stereo Console, with a turntable for lps (33) & 45, and also a stereo unit for AM and FM and it is in great shape, and everything works. I am not...

Prices for antiques [ 1 Answers ]

I have a white rotary sewing machine ser numbers (fr2734872) in great condition and was wondering how much it was worth? I also have a victrola record player 1904 (vv4-40101550) sold by grimmell bros grand rapids MI which with a bunch of colombia record for 1902 that I am also looking for a...

View more questions Search