Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sparkle4katie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Boyfirend v. best friend
    Okay, here's the thing, my best friend made me do something that I promised my boyfriend I wouldn't do anymore because she didn't know that I stopped, and he hates her now, because I told him because I didn't want him to hate me. And now he hates her and whenever he sees us together he gets all depressed and everything and I don't know what to do. I love him more than anyone I've ever loved anyone and hse's the best friend I've ever had:eek:
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
    First of all did your best friend hold a gun to your head? If not, then she didn't MAKE you do anything... you chose to do it. Secondly, why would you blame your friend if she didn't know of your promise? You aren't much of a best friend if you ask me. Finally, what you should do is tell your boyfriend that he shouldn't be mad at your best friend because it was you who broke the promise and made the decision to do so. You should not make promises that you aren't going to keep. You should not blame your mistakes on other people. You should not bow to the pressures of other people and you should stop kidding yourself. If you loved him as much as you say you do then you wouldn't have broken your promise. All you can do at this point is ask for forgiveness and another chance and spend the rest of your time together proving that you are honest and trustworthy.

I hope you learned something valuable here. You'll figure it all out one day.

Didi
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Mar 30, 2007, 12:31 AM
    I think you should just tell your best friend what is going on...
    Common get the guts out...
    The worst thing that is going to happen is her saying ohh...
    Maybe you should also talk to the BF ( boyfrend ) of yours why he is getting depressed and al this and that...
    B-Luv Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Let me guess it was drugs?? Your friend is in the wrong for even letting you do stuff like that? And if you boyfriend doesn't like you doing it, it's probably for your own good. Maybe your boyfriend has the right to be mad at your so called "friend" but think it over. I think you shouldn't have to choose between the two but to choose your friends well..?
    Whitkneelovesninjas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I think you just need to sit down with the both of them and explain to them that their pulling you in two different directions, and that's not fair to anyone. Also, if your best friend really IS your best friend, they will understand
    Hope all works out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do with my friend! [ 1 Answers ]

My friend says that I don't listen to her and I force her into finding a boyfriend. I don't do that. The thing is that she never listens when I'm talking to her. I'll be saying something and she doesn't know it because she was paying attention to something else. And she keeps forcing me to break up...

Best friend [ 19 Answers ]

My best friend has a boyfriend right noe and he doesn't treat her like she should be treated. I try to tell her she needs to talk to him and tell him she doesn't like the way he treats her but doesn't listen. She afraid that he might break up with her or something. And she doesn't want to get hurt...

I like my best friend [ 2 Answers ]

So, me and this guy have been friends for about 8 months now, and for the past 5 months I have liked him, as the days go by my feelings for him get stronger and stronger. We are best friends and we have a group of friends we all hang out with all the time. He's now single and so am I. I'm not sure...

My best friend [ 5 Answers ]

I have known my best friend for more than a decade. Once last year, he confessed that he has feelings for me. I kind of guessed it quite some time ago but I thought it would be better to tackle it when he finally did confess. I told him that I didn't have any romantic feelings for him, but I would...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search