Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tito Z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2013, 12:52 PM
    Kitchen sink backs up between sink and disposal
    I live in a mobile home. I have a double sink with disposal on the left side.
    The water will not go down the regular side of the sink. It is backing up into the disposal. I used a plunger and the water transfers between both side. I removed and snaked the line for about 15 feet. Half filled the sink and the water backed up into the disposal side.
    What next ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
    I used a plunger and the water transfers between both side.
    your plunger acted like a pump moving the water from one side of the sink to the other.
    I removed and snaked the line for about 15 feet.
    if you removed the trap and snake from there with no results. Then snake from the kitchen roof vent.
    Let me know how you make out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink/Garbage Disposal back up into Basement Utility Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Our house is an expanded & completely remodelled older home, with new main floor kitchen incl. garbage disposal and dishwasher which drains into kitchen sink line. Our kitchen sink drain will sometimes backup into our utility sink in the basement, including solid food particles from the...

Clothes washer backs up into kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

Our house was built on slab in 1969. It was a rental for several years before we bought it and Lord only knows what the tenants poured down the kitchen sink (fry oil and rice? Motor oil and feathers?). Anyway, the laundry room is at the very beginning of the drain line. From the laundry room, it...

Kitchen sink backs up in mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

The kitchen sink in our mobile home backs up after about 3-4 minutes of running the water. I have tried putting a snake down the drain as well as a liquid clog buster. After about 6-7 feet the snake hits a junction and can't make the turn and the liquid did break up the clog. What can I do next?...

Sink backs up only when disposal is on [ 1 Answers ]

I have just moved into a condo built in 1974 that has a double kitchen sink with disposal. The water drains fine through both drains when running the water or draining a filled sink, but when I run the disposal, it backs up in the other sink. I have a dishwasher that is seldom used connected to the...

Washer Rinse Water Backs Up in Kitchen Sink [ 5 Answers ]

My washing machine rinse water backs up into my double kitchen sink and my wonderful plumber is stumped. I'm only able to wash a mini load (which fills up both sinks) as a medium or large load causes my kitchen sinks to overflow. It's been doing this for over a year now and I'm tired of living with...

View more questions Search