Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannac Posts: 267, Reputation: 9

Mar 29, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Toilet pushes air/water back only when .
    Hi

I am on a home owned sewer system ( Hoot Sewer Sytem)
    This just started yesterday.

The system pump is on a timer that runs every 30 minutes approx.
    And runs for 10 minutes or so.

It seems when ever the pump comes on...
    First the water in toilet seems to get sucked out...
    Then every 5 to 10 seconds, it gets pushed back upwards.

Sometimes sending it high enough to shoot over the toilet rim if we leave
    The seat/cover up.

Otherwise, toilet and tub on that line both drain/work fine.

Any ideas / suggestions.

Thanks
    Danna
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 29, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Your Hoot Sewage System's a complicated septic system and the company MANDATES that a "qualified professional" inspect and maintain the system every 6 months or the warranty is voided. Have you complied with this?
    If not I( suggest you call the company and have them send out a service man to check your installation.
    This is not a job for the homeowner. Good luck, Tom
    dannac Posts: 267, Reputation: 9

Mar 29, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Your Hoot Sewage System's a complicated septic system and the company MANDATES that a "qualified professional" inspect and maintain the system every 6 months or the warrenty is voided. Have you complied with this?
    If not I( suggest you call the company and have them send out a service man to check your installation.
    This is not a job for the homeowner. good luck, Tom
    Hi Tom

No I have not complied...
    The system is 10 years old and has been pumped out only once, approx 2 months ago.

The only maintenace I would do is take the pump/motor apart to clean once a year.
    And change the air filter approx 2 times per year.

Last night was the first time we've ever heard or seen anything like that.

I tried contacting the guy that installed it, but he has not replied, not sure if he still installs the systems.

The person that pumped it out a couple months ago works on sewer systems.
    I asked him if everything looked normal, he replied "its in good shape".

I'll take your advice and contact Hoot.

Thanks

Danna

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Air Lock in Water Line to Toilet [ 5 Answers ]

I had to drain water from the house last night to fix a minor leak in a cold water line. Now, one of my toilets will not fill after it is flushed. It appears that there is an air lock in the line. How do I fix this?

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Air coming back up in kitchen sink [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I live in an 18 story apartment building, on the 2nd floor. My kitchen sink seems to be bringing up air. Basically, approximately 2 - 3 times a day, at different times, I will get air coming back up from the drain, which will in turn bring up whatever is in the turn pipe. The air also...

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

View more questions Search