Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mino00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Install 240 circuit breaker
    I just install circuit breaker 240 v ,but when I use the meter it can only read 120 v on each pole when I check both pole I don't see any thing in the meter,:eek: why is this happen Thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 02:40 AM
    Somehow the breaker is only connected to one hot phase, or leg, of the panel. If this is a half size breaker, this mistake is easy to do. Be sure the half size breaker is an actual 2 pole breaker with a one handle and an internal common trip, and is rated for 240 volts. Many half size breakers look like a 2 pole 240 volt breaker.

Be sure to plug any 2 pole breaker onto each of the two hot legs of a panel. This is usually not a problem with a full size breaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

How does one change circuit breaker? It doesn't click into place, it's just very mushy & loose.

Circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15 amp circuit breaker tied to some outlets and when my sprinkler system was installed they tied into this line. Sometime when using more than 1 thing and running the sprinkler it trips. Can I increase this to a higher amperage safely?

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

Circuit Breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I have 14 gauge electrical wiring with a 15 amp circuit breaker can I change that circuit breaker to a 20 amp. Thanks Michael:D

Can I connect a 240 volt electric range to a 30 amp breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renovating a rental unit and removed a 3 in one appliance (bar fridge/2 stove elements/sink). It was hooked up to 10/3 copper wire on a 30 amp breaker. I want to install a 24 inch electric stove/oven in it's place. I want to hook up a 24 inch electric stove/range to 10 gauge 3 copper wire...

View more questions Search