Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angel1271 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Injured arm
    Hello, I need advice. Anything at this point is appreciated. My problem... 3 years ago I injured my arm and shoulder. I was picking something up. About 25lbs. My arm, shoulder and shoulder blade were in pain. It was painful but tolerable. Went to hospital they did a x-ray it was clear. Anti inflammatory and muscle relaxer started to feel little better. Went to my GP. Gave me physical therapy and I was fine for the next 2 years. About 9 months ago I injured my left arm, shoulder, and scapula again. This time nothing has made it better.
    I have gotten MRI of cervical, thoracic, shoulder, even brachial plexus. All clear except shoulder only showing mild inflammation in two areas.
    I have also done EMG. Came out clear. I have pushed myself twice to do physical therapy with no improvements.
    Medicine: I have tried many types of anti inflammatory, muscle relaxers, and gabapentin with no improvement. Pain killers only take edge off.I don't know what else to do or ask my doctors to do. Symptoms are pain, tingling sometimes not always. Spasms always around scapula which makes pain worst in arm and in my trapezius muscle. Pain in arm goes down to my fingers. Any help, ideas, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 06:07 PM
    Have you considered going to a good chiropractor, one who has a great reputation (not just anyone out of the phone book)? Also, there's acupressure (shiatsu) and acupuncture.

Oct 3, 2013, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Have you considered going to a good chiropractor, one who has a great reputation (not just anyone out of the phone book)? Also, there's acupressure (shiatsu) and acupuncture.
    I did go to a good chiropractor. I have also tried acupuncture. I should have written that as well. Thank you though.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 06:18 PM
    What had the practitioners said about your injury?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon? This sounds related to the rotator cuff.

Oct 3, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Recently my GP thought it was my rotator cuff or tendon in the shoulder. My orthopedic sent me for the mri of shoulder came back clear I'm suppose to see my orthopedic again in a week. My GP is worried cause a lot of tests that I have done regarding Mri x-ray and EMG all came back clear. My GP said that if the orthopedic can not find what's wrong to return to him. I have also gone to a neurologist who did the mri of thoracic and brachial plexus. My EMG as well she also suggested an orthopedic.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 11:50 PM
    How much physical therapy have you done ? Did you way "twice" my last injury I had to go to therapy for almost 3 months 3 times a week for me to get use of my leg.

Oct 4, 2013, 04:12 AM
    First time I did PT it was for a month. Second time 2 months. I have thought if it could be a ripped muscle? But then wouldn't it had been picked up on any of the MRI's?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Injured Lizard!! Help NOW! [ 3 Answers ]

I caught a 6 inch long garden lizard on my driveway. It was injured and looked tired. I put it in a small 8x8 cardboard box, lined the floor with damp paper towel, got some grass, 2 pea beans a and 3 leaves and a twig, along with 5 rocks. I put the box under the overcast sun with a half of the...

I need help replacing a shower arm how far back into the wall does the shower arm go [ 3 Answers ]

I was going to replace my shower head when I realized there is no male end of the shower arm connecting to the showerhead instead there is a ball inside the showerhead that connects to the shower arm. There is no way to disconnect that from it. I wanted to try to replace the shower arm with a new...

Injured left arm [ 0 Answers ]

I hurt my arm shoveling asphalt. MRI was negative. Now my arm feels like its on fire. Do I need to go to emergency room

Tenderness and pain under right arm arm and right breast? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had tender underarm pit and sore right breast for about 3 months the pain can at times be very bad . I do check myself even though it is tender to touch.I also did have a lump between my shoulder and breast but it has gone but the soreness won't sometimes I find it hard to lift my right arm...

Red streaks up arm swollen hand and arm? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is severely swollen and also has red streaks all the way up his arm and he has a fever he is in the hospital now and they don't have a clue either he works with rebar and concrete and thinks he poked himself with something he has a puncture on his thumb his hand and arm are just getting...

View more questions Search