Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redsoxfan38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2013, 07:38 PM
    No hot water or hot water pressure to shower glacier bay fixture
    We are getting nothing from the hot water side. When I take out cartridge water is off the hot water side always has trickle of water running out of it
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 2, 2013, 04:42 AM
    Hi Redsoxfan

SOunds like two issues then:

1) no hot water from hot water side of the valve

2) trickling hot water when the water has been shut off to service the valve, right?

If so, I would shut off the water again, remove the cartridge and then turn the hot water ON for a second to clear the valve of any sediment/build-up that may be in the valve. Replace the cartridge and test... if no improvement then the cartridge needs to be replaced.

In terms of the water not shutting off completely, it sounds like the shut off valve you are closing (guessing cold water shut off valve into the water heater) is not working properly and should be replaced if you want to replace it to have total control over hot water in the future.

Mark
    redsoxfan38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2013, 08:09 AM
    Ive done that even replaced cartridge twice to no avail. Im thinking there must be blockage somewhere. I am at a loss
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 2, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Look for an access panel on the backside of the valve... may be shutoff valves behind the wall and the hot side is clogged?

It really has to be a shutoff valve or something similar or whatever is blocking the pipe would have blown out when you turned the water on full blast while the cartridge was out, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an indirect hot water heater reduce hot water pressure in the shower? [ 5 Answers ]

Recently installed an indirect hot waer heater to replace the using the coil in the boiler to heat our water. Now, the shower hot water pressure is quite low. Can the installation of an indirect hot water heater effect hot water pressure. We expected lots of hot water and better hot water...

I have no hot water coming from any fixture. There is a new indirect hot water heater [ 0 Answers ]

There is a new indirect hot water heater installed to replace a 2 year old indirect that has failed (domestic pressure backing up into boiler pressure) and have no flow to any fixture. What can I do to solve the problem?

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

Glacier bay single handle w/ no hot water [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a house out of foreclosure and it has had some issues. I take on every task w/ the idea that the previous owner has tampered w/ some things... Anyhow, the cold water turns on fine, but when I turn it to hot, the water just tapers off to a slight, cold stream. Pulling the cartridge out,...

View more questions Search