Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MolineDon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 12:03 PM
    I need a new Ignition coil for a powermore 139cc engine MTD Lawn mower
    I have a MTD lawn mower with a POWERMORE 139cc OHV engine. Does anyone know of a cheap replacement for the defective ignition coil it has on it? I realize it is a cheap Chinese made engine, but the MTD site shows a similar ignition coil for $50.00. The whole mower only cost me $140.00 new so I really don't want to put an expensive coil on it.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 24, 2013, 04:03 PM
    Hi,
    Believe it or not, there is a very good chance that MTD paid less for the entire engine than the replacement price of the coil. Such is the nature of the OPE business. There is probably no such replacement. I would check my warranty statement to see if it is still in warranty. Some manufacturers are giving extended or lifetime ignition warranties.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire diagram for mtd lawn mower ignition switch [ 2 Answers ]

Help I have a 1999 yard machine lawn tractor,I had to replace the ignition switch ,but now I don't know which wires goes where.It had 7 wires and 7 tabs for the wires on the ignition switch.Please help with a diagram to where the wires go? Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.Bobby.

Sears lawn mower, 5.5 hp no spark, replaced the spark plug and ignition coil . Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Model 917373982 sears mower 5.5 hp, no spark replaced the spark plug and ignition coil. I'm stuck

I want to test ignition coil on a B/S engine model# 81902 945579 [ 0 Answers ]

I want to test a ignition coil on a B/S engine model# 81902 945579 with ohm meter,I need the measurement for that coil, this engine has points condestor with the coil Thank You

MTD riding mower - ignition switch not starting engine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD riding mower (an older model) does not make any attempt to start the engine when I turn the key on the ignition. (no sound, no turning over of the engine, nothing). It is similar to what happens if the blades are down. (But they arent). When I attempted to start the engine at the...

View more questions Search