Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joff1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2005, 01:43 PM
    Blank Screen at start up
    Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my PC at home and built it all myself in my existing case.

I offered my friend my old parts etc. and I offered to build him a PC out of the old parts (seeing as I had been so successful with my PC :confused: ). All that has been added that is new is a HDD & Case.

However when I installed everything into his case, the PC posts but there is just a blank screen on the monitor. I am certain I have had this problem in the past but I just can't think of what I did to resolve it previously.

I have swapped the Graphics card with my new PC without any luck and the Ram with the same result. I am really stumped please help!!

Specs
    ATHLON XP 2400
    Tagan 460W Power supply
    Generic unbranded RAM
    K7VTA3 Elitegroup Motherboard
    MSI MS-Starforce MX460 (nvidia geforce mx460)
    Standard ATX case
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 10, 2005, 04:29 PM
    I have seen that problem once. It occurred after changing monitors. My computer wouldn't recognize it. That doesn't seem to fit your situation, but you might try swapping monitors just to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor screen blank [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell Dimension XPS-B533r. The PC starts, but beeps three times. The power button on the PC is not lit but the fan is running and there is an orange light on the cpu that is lit. The monitor turns on but the screen remain black. The status light on the monitor is flashing green. The monitor...

Blank screen on start up [ 3 Answers ]

OK... I built my comp w/ a iwill kd266 & amd tbird 1.1 ghz I recently opened to add a dvd drive and when I reconnected everything and turned it on, the screen remains blank... 512 mb SDRAM 80 gb hd 52x CD-Rom 16x DVD-Rom 48x CD-RW ati radeon 7000 64 mb pci soundblaster 5.1 belkin 10/100...

Blank screen [ 3 Answers ]

While on the internet my computer froze up and when I did control alt delete my screen went blank with all wavy lines. I shut the machine off and sbooted up again only to get the blank screen with wavy lines. No matter what I try I cannot get to my desktop. Can anyone help? :eek:

Blank screen at start-up [ 2 Answers ]

At each cold start, the screen remains blank. Only after two restarts or resets, screen comes up and everything works correctly.? Have put in another videocard (GF2) and then monitor display came up at first try. Then tried my videocard (GF4Ti4200) in another PC and worked properly as well....

Blank screen at start up [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I recently swopped hardware of a P133 PC with that of a P200 PC. What I really changed was the processor of the p200 and move a hard/dr from a P100. After connected properly, the screen just became blank. I have checked the memory modules, the h/d and all. Could the processors be dead? But...

View more questions Search