Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pbryans58 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2013, 06:33 AM
    16 hp Briggs Vanguard Throttle
    I have installed a 16hp Briggs Vanguard in a Terra Jet,, and I'm trying to get the throttle hooked up to my gas pedal and have it operate properly. My question is : Is there more than one place that the throttle cable can be hooked to. The engine is model # 305447 with Nikki carb. The lever for my gas pedal is located at the base of the engine. I have tried running the wire type of choke cable or throttle cable up from the base around the valve cover,, but it just seems to bend instead of revving up and down smoothly. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 07:35 AM
    Hi,
    Firstly, here is a link to the IPL(parts breakdown) of the engine:
    http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Brig...s6141-1005.pdf
    On page 10 are the controls. You should have item 1012 as the main control bracket. You need a solid link with "Z" bends connecting to the central round part of the control from a remote lever similar to 203 or 207 to which a stranded throttle wire connects at the engine at one end and the throttle control(pedal or lever) at the other.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 vintage Cub Cadet 1641,16HP Briggs and Stratton Vanguard throttle assy problem, [ 3 Answers ]

I can't figure out how the throttle, governor, linkages and springs are to be re-assembled. Anyone know where to get a picture or diagram on how all this goes together.

Briggs Vanguard sputters [ 2 Answers ]

My 17 hp briggs mower starts right up and idles fine. As soon as I engage the blades it starts to sputter and bog down. However, if I let the engine idled for 4-5 minutes first I do not get the sputtering? Once its warmed up it mows fine.

Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 18 hp engine [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to drain the oil on a Vanguard Briggs and Stratton 18 hp engine? I have located the drain plug but there is some kind of plastic fitting over it with a flip-off nozzle on the end as if this is where the oil drains. It does not appear that the plastic fitting comes off. So,...

Briggs 16 HP Vanguard valve adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked on car engines since the 1950's and I'm very familiar with valve adjustments on many car engines. I want to adjust the valve clearances on the above Briggs engine, but when I look under the rocker cover the only thing with a hex on it is the centre pivot of the rockers which needs to...

Briggs Vanguard will not start [ 14 Answers ]

Briggs Vanguard, 15 hp OHV Model 280777 Type 0112.01 Code 94121154A Simplicity Brood Moor... The oil was checked and gas was checked prior to starting, the mower had been sitting for 4 to 6 weeks due to cold weather. I decided to started it and ran it at normal start speed until It warmed up....

View more questions Search