Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazdevil1956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2013, 04:47 AM
    Gas is flowing out of a small hole in the rim of the carb on a 19.5 Briggs and Stratt
    When starting the engine, gas is pouring out of a small hole in the rim of the carb. The fuel pump is working but the carb is flooding the engine
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2013, 05:13 AM
    Sounds like some crud or something is preventing the needle valve in the float bowl from closing.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 07:17 AM
    Hi,
    Have to agree with smoothy, the gas is probably flowing from the bowl vent which means the bowl is overfilling and flooding the engine.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small hole in snowblower carb? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi When I push on the primer bulb of my snowblower the air blows out of a tiny hole on the outside of the carb. Not even sure if this hole is supposed to be there. Help!

Briggs 17 h p twin II pumping gas out top of carb. [ 1 Answers ]

We have a briggs 17 h p twin II model # 42a707 type # 2653 e1 code # 9907305a the problem is gas coming out of top of carb. Not center of carb. But small holes around top of carb. Cleaned carb, all looks well on inside, needle and seat look fine, float seems fine and had no liquid in...

11HP Briggs and Stratton, gas blowing out the carb! [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a Briggs and Stratton 11 HP L head (horizontal) on a mower I'm trying to fix. When I check the valve clearance at 1/4" past TDC I have the correct clearance .007 (aluminum block), however, during the ENTIRE compression stroke, the intake valve is open a few hundreths and it's blowing...

Briggs & Straton 14.5 ovh starts if I pour gas in carb but won't keep ruunning [ 2 Answers ]

I have Murray rider mower with a Briggs & Straton 14.5 OHV Engine. It does not even try to start unless I pour gas directly into carb. It appears to have good compression. If I take the breather off and pour gas directly into carb, it starts and runs long enough to use up that gas then dies. I...

5 hp briggs only runs when you pour gas in carb [ 1 Answers ]

I got a briggs motor somewhere between 5 and 6 hp. When I put a little gas in the carburater it sucks it in and then will start after a few pulls for about 30 seconds but when it runs out of the gas I pour in it dies then won't star. IF I give it half to full throtle it revs but it won't idle by...

View more questions Search