Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksuckow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Craftsman Riding Mower blades engage but machine won't move
    I checked the belt it seems okay. The blades engage. The motor runs. But the mower won't move forward nor backward.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 12:18 PM
    There should be separate belts involved in movement and the mower deck... have you checked BOTH of them?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 12:46 PM
    Is it a straight mechanical gearbox or hydraulic drive?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Hi,
    Assuming the park brake is not locked; have you had a flat rear tire and lost the key in the axle on that side?
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The blades won't engage on my older craftsman mower 917.275041 [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older model craftsman riding mower "GT 3000" 917.275041, the engine runs fine but the blades won't engage when the PTO switch is pulled out...

Craftsman riding mower deck blades won [ 1 Answers ]

The mower blades won't turn when engaged. It looks like the cable that runs from the lever to engage the blades to the top of the mower deck is loose. I have a Craftsman 42" riding mower

Craftsman mower won't engage blades [ 1 Answers ]

When I pull the pto switch to engage the blade the engine will shut down.blades turn freely by hand. Acts as if there is safety switch grounding out. Seat switch still works but can't figure it out.

Craftsman mower blades won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 42", 21 hp Craftsman Bob Villa mower and when you pull the PTO switch out it kills the engine. If you slowly pull it out the blades will engage as long as it stays in same position, you can't pull it all the way out or it will kill the engine. Have replaced the PTO switch, same results. ...

Craftsman Riding Mower dies when I engage blades [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a Craftsman 24HP riding mower 2 months ago. Just today when I was mowing the lawn it died in the middle of cutting. After I disengaged the cutting blades, I was able to re-start it. But every time I rotate the engagement lever the engine dies. The belt/pulleys seem to be working...

View more questions Search