Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankmacz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 10:42 AM
    How to adjust the v-belt on a craftsman tl 1000
    I replaced the v-belt but it seems to be still loose and barely moves the blade and smells like its burning . I think its because the blade isn't tight enough , How do I tighten the belt ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 11:59 AM
    Did you correctly route the belt (its not rubbing on anything).. and did you replace the tensioning spring in the correct location afterwards? That puts the belt under the springs tension when engaged.as its not a hard fixed adjustment. (at least on the model I have is that way).

I've gone through like 5 belts on mine... and once in a while I have to go back after I do it wrong. Easy to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman LT 1000 won't turn over [ 3 Answers ]

I try to start the lawnmower. It makes the noise to start but won't turnover. Anyone have any idea

I need a mower deck belt for a Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawn mower. [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find a belt for my Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawnmower deck.

How adjust a tractor belt. [ 1 Answers ]

How adjust a tractor belt, the tractor model is 917.255940, the belt is to make the blades work, thanks.

Springs under a Craftsman LT 1000 rider [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was mowing the other day and my mower ran out of gas. Well I put more gas in and started to mow again and it started but every time I let off the clutch it starts to die. I got looking underneath and I see a long spring that's connected on one end but not the other. Could that be the problem...

Craftsman T L 1000 RIDER [ 1 Answers ]

When I Start The Rider Up It Starts Fine. When I Release The Clucth, In Gear Our In Neutral, It Dies Out. If I Have It Running W/ The Clutch In And Engage The Blades, It Dies Out. Any Ideas?

View more questions Search