Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 28, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Well water filtration systems.
    OK... I'm trying to find some advice on well water filtration systems... at present we have a system in our house that's over 20 years old, they stopped making parts for it 9 years ago, and its on its last legs... so basically I'm doing as much research as I can to find a replacement system to get the requirements we need...

What we need:
    Clorine filter (we have bacteria and sulfer in our area)
    Softener
    Sediment filter

Any recommendations on a system? I am an amateur plumber (yes, I admit I am an amature), so I don't have any issue installing a basic system...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 03:57 PM
    If you have an existing sediment filter and you can still buy cartridges and O-rings for it, I see no reason to replace. If not, they are readily available for under $20. When I went out to buy a water softener last summer, they all had digital controls. I have seen too many problems with digital controls on other appliances here to be happy. I ended up with a Whirlpool from Lowe's. Far too soon to say if it was a good choice.

While I was installing stuff, I would upgrade to ball valves. I now have one before and after my sediment filter. Just a quick flick of the handles every time I change the cartridge, and never a packing nut to leak and need to adjust.
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 28, 2007, 06:30 PM
    No sedement filter here yet... just the clorine and softiner... this system is on its last legs... really need suggestions on a replacement at this point...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water systems [ 1 Answers ]

Which are the two most common hot water storage systems?

Water Filter Systems [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently using an ionizing water filter system (Bel Ozono sold in South America) with two filters to treat water from a cistern. My concern in addition to giardia is decomposing animal matter (insects, lizards, snakes that fall in and drown). I wonder if there is a more effective undersink...

Systems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have a huge algebra projcet due... and it is on Systems.. I have no idea what to do.. :confused: Here's what I have came up with for a question John Allen averages 16 points per game, his season consists of 8 weeks, 3 gfames per week Johns cousin Steve averages 12 points a game,his...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search