Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpmgmt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Troy bilt ltx 1842 won't start
    Troybilt 1842 will bump, but won't turn the engine over

Hello all,

I have replaced the battery, replaced the solenoid, checked all the fuses, replaced the gas, had the starter checked, and tested every safety switch I can find. It simply acts like the battery isn't strong enough to turn over the engine, but the store checked it and says it's not the battery (2 months old). I've tightened and cleaned every connection from the battery to the starter, but still it just "bumps" and won't turn over. I'm stumped!
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 05:26 PM
    Hi,
    If it is and OHV engine, then I suggest adjusting the valves to 0.006"
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't my blades engage on my troy bilt ltx 13.5 [ 1 Answers ]

I was cutting the grass and disengaged the blades to go across the gravel driveway and now the blades will not engage. Can someone please help me my grass is out of control!

Troy bilt 1842 riding mower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a troy-bilt riding mower and it sometimes gets stuck in gear and wants to keep moving whether it be forward or backward. I can put on the break and it still won't stop. I just had new drive belts put on. Could this have anything to do with it. If not what could be causing this to happen?

Troy bilt ltx 1842 [ 3 Answers ]

New battery,new plug, tried starter fluid, engine will turn but won't fire

Tried to start my troy bilt TB90BC weed eater, and it won't start. Replaced the spark [ 0 Answers ]

Tried to start my troy bilt TB90BC weed eater, and it won't start. Replaced the spark plug, and checked for spark; have a little, but some. Cleaned out carburetor and put it all together the same way it come apart, but prior to this fuel was flowing out of the muffler after priming and pulling cord...

Wiring diagram for Troy Built Tractor LTX 1842 [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find a wiring diagram on a Troy Built Lawn tractor, model LTX 1842??

View more questions Search