Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandonkindle27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
    I have a warrant in Oklahoma but now live in Texas. Can I get an id for Texas
    I'm trying to get an I'd so I can take care of my medical situation. Its almost impossible to get anything done without one. Please help
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2013, 09:55 AM
    Sorry... we can't help... you have to be a Citizen... and be able to prove it to get an ID.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 10, 2013, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Sorry...we can't help...you have to be a Citizen...and be able to prove it to get an ID.
    How did OP suggest he is not a Texas citizen? But yes, t's probable that if he went to the Texas DMV to get an ID the authorities might well discover the Oklahoma warrant and arrest him.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2013, 10:16 AM
    That post was edited between the time I responded and now... particularly the title. There was nothing about a Warrant when I answered

Now that he says He's got an open warrant... he's screwed. Turn himself in... once he's in prison... he'll get his medical problem taken care of.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2013, 07:01 PM
    There appears to be more about this than the post now says??

Do any answer at this point, is invalid, because all facts not known.

The issue is, what is the warrant for ? Unpaid traffic tickets, most likely, you get ID after being detained about 30 minutes. If the warrant is a felony, OK and TX are very close and most likely they will come get you. So most likely you will be arrested at that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring probation from Nevada to Texas (Texas Resident) on a sex offender charge [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was visiting his sister in Nevada and was arrested. He is a Texas resident, we have a current lease agreement that is good until 2013 and he has utilities in his name here. Because of the charge he doesn't have a place that he can stay in Nevada because his sister has children. What...

TEXAS: can I add this 'as is' language to a general warranty deed in Texas without... [ 11 Answers ]

... voiding it, or hurting it in some way? "The Property is conveyed and accepted "AS IS," in its present physical condition, with all faults and defects, known or unknown, and without warranties, express or implied, except for warranties of title as may be expressly set forth and limited...

When did Texas Light Bulb Austin Texas go out of business? [ 1 Answers ]

Texas Light Bulb is a lighting business in Austin, Texas. Went out of business after over 30 years. What originally owned by Ricky Cox but he sold it to the Lee family. It went out of business severay years ago but I don't know when or if they just closed their doors and left down.

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search