Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loischipin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Extortion by bio mother upon bio father?
    Biological mother tells Biological father must pay court-ordered child support of 25.00, she never went to court, he justbelievedher. Is this extortion, if so,what can he do about it? This was found out when she said she wanted her current husband to adopt his child. He was told she was going to do it because he had missed child support payments. What are his options. Oh, he did have a DNA done and child is 99.9% his!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2013, 11:16 AM
    He needs to tell her see you in court. That way he will know what is legally owed, call her bluff and cut out the drama. Catch up with anything he does owe and take proof of everything he has. Let the Judge sort it out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2013, 12:16 PM
    No its not extortion, its called being naïve by not asking for proof of the court order.

What does he want to do? If he allows the adoption, his support obligation ends, but so does his rights to the child.

Does he want to be a father to the child?

Who did the DNA? Was it ordered by a court? Has he gone to court for anything?

Sep 2, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Against the law?
    Is it against the law for mother of child lies to get child support? The child is the father,s? She never went to court but said she did and she would take him to court to get back pay. Is trickery allowed?or legal?
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2013, 08:12 AM
    She can only get back pay to the date of the court order. He can simply tell her to take it to court. He can also file joint custody. If there is question about paternity the first thing that needs done is a paternity test. He should keep records and recptd of all money and gifts given so he doesn't look like a dead beat dad.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 08:14 AM
    She lied by saying she had taken him to court? Did he pay her money?

Maybe, but I have to note that he was very foolish to take her word for it. She wouldn't have been able to take him to court without first seeing to it that he was given official notice (usually called a "summons") of the court action.

Sep 2, 2013, 09:04 AM
    No it is not against the law to lie, except in court.

If she goes into court and asks for back support, she will have to show previous court records and she won't be able to.

On the other hand, she is entitled to some support, but he should insist that it be done through the courts.
    Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    No it is not against the law to lie, except in court.

Fraud can be grounds for a civil remedy.

Sep 2, 2013, 10:26 AM
    What is extortion?
    Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Loischipin View Post
    What is extortion?
    Blackmail.

To threaten to do something, souch as turn you in for a crime or reveal something embarrassing, unless you get something in return.

I don't believe that would apply.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Does he have DNA proof he is the father? Has he been giving her money? He needs to tell her to see him in court before he pays another dime. The court needs to give him the payment plan that he is to follow.

Sep 2, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Loischipin View Post
    What is extortion?
    What AK said. This was just a straight out lie. She told him the court ordered support. He didn't ask to see the court order. No, its not extortion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 06:05 AM
    No, this is just a man who did not do anything right. He needed to file for child visit, got court ordered child support. But 25 is nothing, he should have smiled and been happy.

But now, he gets an attorney and does what he should have done long time ago,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use Bio-Claire cream,Bio-Oil and Fair & White Exclusive soap at the same time? [ 0 Answers ]

I am wondering, if I can use Bio-Claire cream and pour some Bio Oil in it (to help prevent or reduce any stretch mark that may come), and use the Fair and White Exclusive soap(in the blue box) to shower with. Do you guys think that this will work for me? I`ve tried them on separate occasion, but...

Can I use Bio-Claire cream,Bio-Oil and Fair & White Exclusive soap at the same time? [ 0 Answers ]

I am wondering, if I can use Bio-Claire cream and pour some Bio Oil in it (to help prevent or reduce any stretch mark that may come), and use the Fair and White Exclusive soap(in the blue box) to shower with. Do you guys think that this will work for me? I`ve tried them on separate occasion, but...

Non-bio dad giving non-bio daughter his last name? [ 4 Answers ]

Can the bio mother give the daughter the non bio dads last name without informing the bio father of the child? Bio dad never knew about the child (now 15 yrs.old) until about 3 months ago. The non-bio dad knew he was not the child's father at the time of birth and was not listed on BC. State is...

Can NON bio dad sue bio mom for C/S ? [ 10 Answers ]

I am divorced from ex . Who has been a father figure to my oldest daughter for 15 1/2 years . She is 16 (17 in June of 07) . If she decides to move in with him . Can he sue me for C/S ? He is NOT the bio dad . And he does NOT have legal custody of her at this time . Can he sue me for C/S , or will...

View more questions Search