Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myriam2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
    J1 Visa 1099 form
    Hi

I'm French

I start my internship on may 2006 and will go back to france on September 2007. I have a J1 visa and my employer is giving me a 1099 form. What do I have to do with it?

Thanks for answering me. I went to the IRS web site or in this web site and I didn't understand what I am suppose to do next.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
    You need to file Form 1040NR and document the income using Schedule C.

Suggest you get professional tax help with someone who knows international taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 form [ 3 Answers ]

I was told that I would not receive a 1099 form from an employer if I earned less than $600.00. I in fact earned $400. So, If I don't receive a 1099, do I need to claim this as income? Thanks for any help. Gianni

F1 visa student - self employment- 1099 tax form [ 13 Answers ]

I am a phd international student in Houston Texas. I am a citizen of Tunisia. I joined the program in fall 2005 and I am on campus employee. I am starting my second year now. I am filling W2 form for tax. I have an opportunity to gain extra income as self employed or independent contractor from...

1099-C form [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning I have received a 1099-C form and I have no clue what this is and why I got it and how it will affect my taxes is this a Form they are taking the money from the debt it does say cancellation of Debt but just not sure how this works and what or why I am getthing this. Could you please...

1099-G Form [ 4 Answers ]

I just received a 1099-G form in the mail and in box 2 shows a dollar amount and box 3 from year 2005. What is this for? I have my taxes done by an accountant every year. Would this be his mistake if I have to pay?

1099-C form [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a fixed income and I had a credit card amount of about $6000.00 written off by them because of my recent disability and lack of funds. I did pay them half . So now we are even, but they sent me a letter stating they are required by Internal Revenue code, section 6050P to report this...

View more questions Search