Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gilbert 12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Spaceship travel to Mars.
    This question is about space travel. If possible to use, how much hydrogen or/ and nuclear fuel would be needed to fuel a spaceship travelling to Mars from Earth. Let's say the spaceship weighed 800 tons maybe for 6 people or so. And how much time would it take for each fuel type spaceships to travel to Mars from Earth. The answer would be most helpful.
    getherrdone2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Yes, I have the same question
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Erm, this is quite a hard to calculate question, what kind of payload do you want to take to mars? Just the fuel? How much do the engines weigh? There are too many variables here that you haven't defined to give you a good answer.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Apologies, I didn't see that you had given information about the payload. However, I don't particularly feel like answering your question now you've given me a completely undeserved reddie.

I was trying to work towards an answer for you, but if you don't wish to receive that help, then fair enough.
    Gilbert 12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Apologies, I didnt see that you had given information about the payload. However, I don't particularly feel like answering your question now you've given me a completely undeserved reddie.

I was trying to work towards an answer for you, but if you don't wish to recieve that help, then fair enough.

Hey thanks for trying to answer my question. Yes I had provided the payload but that doesn't necessarily matter. I need to know an approximation of the process, it doesn't really have to be accurate. If you could figure it out, I think it could be quiet knowledgeable for a general perspective on space travel.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 28, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Gilbert, in your hast I believe that you have blowen your chances with help on this question.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Mar 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Look up the following topics and see if you can piece it together yourself (more help will probably come for your future questions if you are more friendly). You'll find that the internet has already answered most questions in life if you just look :)

Energy required to enter orbit from earth
    Energy capacity of your various fuels
    Efficiency of engines using your various fuels
    Distance from earth to mars
    Maximum tolerable long term and short term acceleration for humans

That'll probably be enough for you to put a rough sketch together that will help estimate your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's Sci Fi Movie featuring a cat/spaceship. Not horror. [ 2 Answers ]

The movie should be late 80's, and I doubt early 90's. It had something to do with a cat from outerspace, that wore a braclet around its neck that I believe lit up. I can remember at the end of the movie, the cat gets in the spaceship and it takes off. Never mind, but it was "The cat from...

We're all on a spaceship, a very funny spaceship [ 3 Answers ]

"We're all on a spaceship, a very funny spaceship" These are the words to the theme tune of a cartoon from the 80s that I cannot remember the name of! It is about a group of people that have ended up in a sailing boat in space. I think one of them had a greenhouse on board? Please Help as it...

Should spaceship Orion ever be built? [ 2 Answers ]

Any opinions?

Alone On Mars? [ 17 Answers ]

How much would you have to be paid in order to spend one year alone on Mars?

Mars [ 6 Answers ]

Google, in it's continuing attempt to map the known universe, has given us Google Mars. http://www.google.com/mars Anyone been to, or seen a picture of, America's Grand Canyon? At 500 miles long, up to 20 miles across and over a mile deep, it is quite impressive! Compare it to the Grand...

View more questions Search