Sometimes my truck will quit responding to the gas pedal but still idles
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Is this a tonka... a UAZ... Ford? TATA? Navistar?"
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Depending on the vehicle (gas or diesel), it could be anything from a faulty Throttle Position Sensor to a failing Ignition Control Module. You should provide year, make, model, and engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears 20 hp 46in lawn tractor runs but shuts off when brake pedal is released [ 3 Answers ]

Sears 20 hp 46in lawn tractor runs but shuts off when brake pedal is released or blades are engaged. I checked the seat safety switch and it meters as OK Don't know where to go from here

My top loading kenmore washer runs for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and runs ag [ 0 Answers ]

My top loading kenmore washer runs for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and runs again for 10 seconds.

Snow Blower, runs when cold, then stops and runs slow & erratic [ 0 Answers ]

When frist started, it runs great. After a while using it, it start running rough. The only way I keep it running, is playing with the choke lever, and then it still can't be used. RPM are down, & runs rough. No power, & when I move the throttle down it runs even for a second, then back to rough,...

COMFORTMAKER inducer fan motor runs but furnace won't WORK? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a comfortmaker gas forced air furnace that has me scratchin a bald spot in my head. When the t'stat calls for heat, the inducer fan turns on, I hear a click in the valve, but then nothing happens. Normally the pilot sparks on & immediately the burners fire up. It might be just...

The outside ac unit runs constantly. Inside for instance seems to work correctly, ne [ 1 Answers ]

The outside ac unit runs constantly. Inside for instance seems to work correctly, new thermostat that will turn the inside fan on when its suppose to. It seems to cool rather well but the only way to turn the outside unit of is to flip the breaker. Is there a switch in the outside unit that's...

View more questions Search