Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuteteddy101 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2013, 02:33 AM
    The left side of my neck hurts
    Today I did some forward rolls and I did one really awkwardly and I made it over but when I got up, the left side of my neck started hurting. I didn't tell my parents because I don't want them to worry and fuss but how can I make the pain go away? It really hurts when I put my head back and turn it to the left. I already put an ice pack on it but I think it made it worse. Please help.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2013, 06:21 AM
    Ice is for swelling only. You want moist heat. A damp washcloth on a regular old heating pad. Tell your parents. Move your head gently around every 10 minutes or so to help tight muscles to loosen under the heating pad, and do that wherever you are.
    Your muscles are connected to others in your back and shoulders, so spend extra time in the tub or shower too. If you have a shower chair, sit on it for as long as you can, with a dribble of hot water landing on your neck, while you rotate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in left side of neck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sharp pain on the left side of my neck where you would check your pulse. It is extremely painful and has now lasted 3 days. It hurts to the touch and when I move my head to the right. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks!

Knot on left side of neck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a knot about the size of a nickel on the left side of my neck. Its red and sore. Its sore around it and I have some pain in my jaw on the left side. Also my gums on the left side and my teeth on the left side hurt constantly. Do u know what this could be?

I pulled my left si joint out and now the left side of my neck hurts [ 2 Answers ]

I hurt my back at work 5 months ago and they say that it is my si joint but I have been having a lot of problems with my left side of my neck has been really sore causing burning stabbing pain along with a very bad headache can you please help me. I have gone through pt and that seems to making it...

View more questions Search