Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latinnell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 04:22 PM
    What is the routing for a 38" mower deck belt for John Deere Hydro 175 riding lawn mo
    Mower Deck Belt routing
    Have a 25 yr. old john deere hydro 175 17 hp riding lawn mower in which I need to install a belt on the mower deck (38" deck). Failed to draw diagram when taking off.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 01:15 PM
    Hi,
    First of all the 175 used a Kawasaki FC420V 14HP OHV engine. The 185(and 180) had the FC540V 17HP engine.
    The machine could have one of two decks which do not affect anything until it comes time to rebuild the spindles since the early version had cast iron housings(3 bolt triangular shape) and the latter version had aluminum housing(circular and 4 bolt mounting.)
    Picture below.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower belt routing on john deere lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Routing of mower deck belt

The drive belt routing for a john deere 175 hydro [ 3 Answers ]

I need a picture of the drive belt off a 175 john deere hydro, my belt blew-out so I have no image of original routing, I bought a new belt and managed to fit it in and around both the tranny an the driving pulley. But I can't manage to figure out the routing around the guide and idler pulleys...

Mower deck belt routing John Deere 420 - 50inch deck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I am looking for help on the routing for deck belt for John Deere 420 with 50 inch deck. Any help would be appreciated. [email protected] Thank you ! Steve

John Deere 175 Hydro Lawn Mower - Won't Start or Crank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere Hydro 175 Lawn Mower riding lawn mower. Just replaced the battery about a month ago, but now the engine won't crank at all. Will start if I jump it from the car, but won't keep running. If I try to engage the blades, it poops out. Any suggestions.

View more questions Search