Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supremeequip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 09:07 AM
    Sore throat
    MY 23 year old daughter has a sore throat only on one side. She says she can see something white at the back of her throat. Could this be tonscils.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 09:21 AM
    She really needs to see a doctor. It could be ulcerated tonsillitis, but since the pain and white stuff are on only one side -- usually both tonsils are affected. Not only will a doctor be able to diagnose (as you know, over the Internet it's impossible to do that), he will also be able to give her a prescription for antibiotics, if that is what she needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

I've had the worst sore throat for past 2 weeks the back of my throat has yellow bumps and streaks. The tissue around my tonsils is a red and purple color and my throat and neck feel tigt and burning. What could be possibble causes?

Sore throat [ 1 Answers ]

Went to the hospital last night due to a sore throat on my left side they gave me a pain medication and antibiotics but now my right side hurts and my throat got worse what should I do

Sore throat [ 1 Answers ]

My throat has been hurting for almost 2 weeks and I'm not sick or feel sick. I'm not sure if I should be checked or not? I been eating ice cream and drinking water to smooth the pain. It goes away but after a few hrs it comes back again? What should I do?

Tired, dizzy, headache, sore bones, sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Tired, dizzy, headache, sore bones, sore throat what are this symptoms of ?

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a sore throat for 4 days and there are two white spots in the back of my throat. It hurts to swallow. My glands are not swollen and I do not have a fever, cold or flu. Should I see a doctor or is this just viral? Thanks!

View more questions Search