Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avijitmathur24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 06:01 AM
    Girlfriend needs space and wants to figure out what she's doing with me
    We've been in a relationship for almost 3 months. But since she had to go home to Italy we spent only a few days at the start then went into long distance. The long distance was going very well. Now she's in spain travelling and I admit iv'e been a bit clingy (only cause I was out of work for a while otherwise I'm not like that) and have apoligized to her. She thinks I don't respect her space which I might have done unknowingly. I really love her and I know she loves me back but what does this statement mean that she needs to figure out what she's doing with me.

This happened 2 days ago.. yesterday I didn't call all day.. just at night but she didn't pick up so I send message on whatsapp showing her how much I know she apprecciates me. She did reply with that she missed me so much today silly! But today morning she talked a bit and when I said that I dreamt of her (sitting in the garden watching the lights) and I said I love u (we've already expressed out love 2 months back) she then said nice.. I should go now.. I need some time to figure out what I'm doing with you and everything..

(she'll be back here in september)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 07:41 AM
    The more you contact her the more she is going to resent you and see you as a nuisance.
    avijitmathur24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 08:30 AM
    So for how long I shouldn't contact till she gets back to me?
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Send her one message saying can't wait until you are back. Then only reply to her contacts to you.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2013, 11:46 PM
    3 months doesn't really make a relationship. I know about long distance. Been there. Stay loose, don't expect. Don't be jealous and don't cling with too much I miss yous. My guess is that you like her cause she's a free spirit. Let her have fun. You do the same. She will respect that maturity. Then start again when she returns. Face to face is always better. Plus she needs time to figure out you & everything anyway. She's being honest. What that says to me is you're pressing too hard, or she doesn't want to feel guilty for having fun and really I don't blame her. You'll see when the time comes. Don't wait by the phone, or lose sleep. Thatll kill you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 02:49 AM
    Personally it sounds like it is over, and you just don't understand.

The clingy, just saying you are sorry, then message several times when she does not answer, just shows you still are.

You tell her that you will not message but just return her messages, and wait, if she does not message you again, then it was over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's said she needs more space but still loves me? [ 2 Answers ]

So my (complicated relationship with) best friend told me today that she needs space. I asked her why... people at school keep going up to her and tell her I am always talking about her and worrying about her. She feels that I have been to clingy and that it suffoactes her at points. She wants to...

I had sex with my ex girlfriend but she's dating someone else? [ 2 Answers ]

We had sex three times last night but she was saying she's cheating. Does this mean she still loves me?

My girlfriend says she needs space to figure things out and be herself. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, my girlfriend and I have been together for 6 years now and we have had our problems like normal couples. A few weeks ago she told me that she need space to figure things out, she also said that I need to grow up and be a man and that she wanted me to leave for awhile, but she wanted to see if...

View more questions Search