Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmjj690 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 04:51 PM
    Corian sink
    Can a corian sink be cut out of an existing corian counter top it looks to be one molded piece. My wife would like a ss sink
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Yes it can. I would use a plunge router along a template cut out of wood and clamped on, but a large hole drilled to the left of the cut that's big enough for a jigsaw might be OK, although it might take forever.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2013, 10:47 PM
    This depends on the size of stainless steel sink.

Use the template from steel sink to see if larger then corian sink. If yes then you can cut corian sink out.

If no then it will not work.

My corian sink is 1'' large then standard size steel sink.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian sink spill over tubeneeds repair? Need a name of a Corian Company in my area? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a thirteen year old house with Corian counter tops in all areas of the house. I recently realized that our sinks in the bathrooms need repair. The tube that connects to the overflow drain has detached from the underneath of the basin, on six of our sinks. HELP! I can't find anyone who...

Corian sink repair [ 2 Answers ]

Cracked corian sink... can it be repaired ? Who can I get to do the repair ?

Are there any special cleaning crack tips for Corian Sink? Do I just get a Corian Kit [ 1 Answers ]

I need to repair a crack in a Corian Sink. Does any one know if I need to clean it out with anything special? It about 6 in. long. It's on the flat part of the sink.

How to seal corian sink? [ 1 Answers ]

I love my white corian sink, but as time goes by, it gets stained more often and is harder to get white. I use Soft Scrub and let it stay on to bleach the sink, and sometimes use Bartender's Friend on tougher stains. Does the sink need to be sealed to bring it back to its original state so it...

Corian sink repair [ 1 Answers ]

We are currently remodeling our kitchen, and I accidentally spilled a bit of high powered paint stripper in our corian sink. It left an impression in the sink about the size of a quarter, and approx. 1/8" deep. It is a white corian sink, and though it was slightly used when we got it, it was in...

View more questions Search