Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rayleigh2468 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Gain muscle and fat?
    How can I gain muscle without losing fat? I'm 5'6 and 114 lbs. Is there a way to have both?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 05:45 PM
    If you are ll5 and 5 ft. 6, then I don't see how you could have much fat anywhere. Why not join a gym and ask go for some professional advice after you are assessed.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh2468
    How can I gain muscle without losing fat? I'm 5'6 and 114 lbs. Is there a way to have both?
    Gaining muscle requires you eat more calories then you burn, Calorie rich foods you can consider are granola, bagels, biscuits, corn, avocados, nuts, peanut butter, milk, cheese and yogurt. The key is to add calories without adding too much saturated fats. Then start with a full body workout program 2-3 days a week. Lifting weight helps you gain more muscle and helps minimize the amount of fat you gain, 6-8 reps for each exercise is a good start. You need recovery periods between each exercise, you needs days with workouts, Use cardio also 2-3 days a week. And allow your body a few weeks to get use to lifting weights. There are gyms I'm sure in your area that can show you different programs as well as a lot of websites that show you with videos how to approach different body areas, correctly.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lose belly fat and grow muscle together. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, everyone, I am thin all over the body except my belly. It seems my belly is the only place that can easily store fat on. I started weight lifting and then a cardio for 20 min after that, the size of my belly starts to shrink, however I didn't put much muscle on my other body. If I stop cardio,...

Muscle Gain [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16yrs old, 113 lbs, and 5'2, I lift weights and I have not seen any real significant results and I have been doing it for about 4 months now, I am changing my diet, but what types of meals should you eat? Also I want to get rid of love handles and also build up my biceps, etc.

Fat to muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am just curious in the process of fat to muscle. I've read o many different things about it I'm not to sure. Does your fat turn into muscle? How does this process work and what's the best way to acieve weight loss? And not gain a whole lot of muscle?

View more questions Search