Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lahaina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2013, 12:23 PM
    Switch from E2 to L2 Visum, what happens with work authorization
    Hi,
    I'm currently an E2 visa holder. I'm eligible to work through my work authorization card and am employed with a software company.

Now my husband's contract will change and we will receive a L visum. With my L2 visum I can apply for a new work authorization card.

My question is - what will happen in the timeframe until I receive my new L2 work authorization card, which usually takes 2-3 months?
    Am I still allowed to work under my old card until I receive the new card?

Thanks so much for your help!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 07:28 AM
    The old card expires automatically on the date your status changed. You would need to submit I-765 for new work permit as L2 not E2. Your Social Security number would be the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get work authorization,I have a b1/b2 visa [ 1 Answers ]

I have a valid b1/b2 visa,i am currently in the usa,i would like to look for work,what should i do,not all employers want the hassle of being a sponsor! but i want to be legal

My fan did work hardwired, now when I've added a switch it won't work [ 20 Answers ]

I have a fan that I installed that was hard wired. Then I tried to make it function off an existing light switch, that controlled nothing. The switch had the standard three wires (black, white, bare) that ended on the switch. Black and white connected to the switch and the bare sitting in the...

No authorization [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here new and I like this page very much and to be honest I'm a nobody with computer and I like to learn more and my question is that I like to download games and especially from reflexive but every time that I open the page and try to download their games, I get the messages that I'm...

How to revoke authorization? [ 8 Answers ]

I was contacted the Law Office of Curtis O Barnes Friday since they have been harassing my parents about a debt I owe. After having an absolutely horrible 35 minute conversation with them about how I can pay back 1200 dollars, they bullied me into telling them my checking account information....

Medical authorization [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 year old Nephew is coming to California to stay for a week long visit without his parents from Colorado. Do I need to get some type of medical authorization note from his parents in case of an emergency?

View more questions Search