dbffemt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 12:48 PM
    How do I adjust the timing on my 17.5hp briggs
    How do I adjust the timing on my 17.5hp briggs motor
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Hi,
    Usually there is a tooth on the crankshaft gear marked with a dot. On newer engines the camshaft gear has a convex relief between two teeth to mark where that gear lines up with the marked crankshaft tooth.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5hp briggs and stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5hp briggs and stratton model 130212 and I took all the hard ware off the gas tank to have it repainted, and I forgot where it all went. There is this little bridge looking thing with a place for a bolt in the middle but I'm not sure where it goes. If anyone can find a diagram or knows...

5hp briggs and stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I rebuilt the carb and checked to make sure that it was getting gas flow, I have checked and rechecked carb for dirt, etc.. Could there be carbon build up inside the mower keeping it from starting

How to adjust the timing on a B20b engine swap on a 1999 Honda civic coupe? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda Civic Coupe with a B20b engine swap. The timing belt went on it and I am wondering how to get the correct timing?

Adjust valves on Briggs & Stratton OHV 15.5hp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15.5hp Briggs & Stratton lawn tractor. It has an habit of backfiring when you shut it off after popwering down. It did this last Sunday while mowing and it will not start now. I looked at the valves, it has overhead valves & the exhaust valve is very loose. How do I adjust? Thanks! ...

Briggs and stratton 12.5hp [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a 28v707 12.5 hp rider. It doesn't start but turns over almost excessively easily. I have a weak spark but no attempt to catch even with starter fluid. No seen problems with the flywheel or the key.

View more questions Search