Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casey leen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 02:09 PM
    My Craftsman 42 inch LT1000 Takes a minute to engage the blades
    I replaced the deck belt. The old one was stretched out. Now when I pull the lever up to engage cutting blades, nothing happens for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then the blades engage. I looked underneath and I see the pullies move to their proper position and put tension on the belt.The pullies start to turn very slowly until it finally kicks in and starts the blades moving. The new belt seams a little to loose. I bought the correct belt from Sears. I never had this problem before until I changed the belt.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 02:12 PM
    See what kind of warrantees sears says are on it. Like Snap On many of there tools have lifetime guarantees
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    See what kind of warrantees sears says are on it. Like Snap On many of there tools have lifetime guarantees
    ?? This is a belt not a tool.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 08:35 PM
    Hi,
    My guess is that the pivot for the engagement idler arm is dirty or/and corroded and not fully engaging the belt immediately. Disassemble, clean with sandpaper and reassemble.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blades will not engage on Craftsman ZT7000 [ 2 Answers ]

I was trying to get my mower running for the first time this year. I had to replace the battery first. While connecting the positive lead on the battery I accidentally touched the negative lead with the wrench and caused a small fireworks show. I didn't think much about it until I tried to start...

The blades on my lt1000 Craftsman mower won't turn. What should I do? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a LT1000 Craftsman riding lawn mower. The blades will not turn. How do I fix this?

Grinding noise from Craftsman LT1000 when engaging blades [ 6 Answers ]

Craftsman LT1000 riding mower, model 917.272761 About 5 years old, nothing but oil changes done on it Started having issues when lawn got high while I was away. When I came back and tried to mow (even at highest setting), the blade would get bound up on the grass and kept stalling the mower. ...

Craftsman LT1000 dies when engaging blades or releasing clutch [ 8 Answers ]

Engine runs fine, starts right up, but when I put it in gear, as soon as I release the clutch/brake it kills the engine. It does the same thing if I try and engage the blades. Please don't tell me it's the transmission. Please.

View more questions Search