Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 02:13 PM
    Looking for a riding lawn mower
    I am trying to find a riding lawn mower that doesn't require use of left foot for clutch or brake, etc. I had a stroke and have limited use of left foot. I'm looking for a mower that has a steering wheel, not the zero turn lever type. Does anybody know what brand or manufacturer might make this type mower?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2013, 02:28 PM
    I have a John Deere X300 and don't use the left pedal, which is the 'mower lift' for high grasses.
    It's an expensive mower but worth it. It has a steering wheel.
    You still have to clean around the belts on top of the deck, which get clogged with grass. I took off the shields and left them off, because it was a pain to keep putting them back on, and all they do is keep your feet safe from the spinning pullies - but the engine cuts right off if you lift your butt off the seat even a tiny bit, so I don't see the problem, unless you have a child or pet who might try to jump on.
    I use a stick or something to clean the deck top.
    You can clean under the deck by attaching a garden hose to the top and run the engine.
    You still need to do maintenance once a year, underneath. Taking the deck off isn't trivial, but you can slant it.
    This isn't a mower you can just tip over.
    I have 2.5-3 steep acres to mow. You might get away with a smaller model.
    Oh, and demand the Kawasaki engine, not the Briggs and Stratton. They won't mention it if you don't ask.
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 05:10 PM
    Thanks for your response, I'll look into the John Deere mowers. And I'll be sure and ask for the Kawasaki engine also. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

John deere riding lawn mower starts, but the lawn mower transmission won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower worked fine, It got a flat tire so I removed the tire and fixed it. I then replaced the tire. The lawn mower will turn on, the blades will engage, but the transmission won't engage. I checked the rod in the back of the lawn mower and it was in. I pulled it out and...

Lawn chief riding lawn mower forward and reverse [ 4 Answers ]

The lawn mower will not go forward or reverse, What should I check to fix this problem?

John Deer Riding Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deer Riding Lawn Mower LX 173. It won't start. It ran fine last fall and I have a new battery on it. It will start with the help of starting fluid and run for just a second and then shut off. I found a hose disconnected on it but I'm not sure where it goes. It was laying...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search