Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    moncy's Avatar
    moncy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 5, 2013, 04:33 AM
    Overstayed canadian working holiday by one month?
    Hi I am irish and was in Canada on a working holiday visa I overstayed by one month what troubles could I have in the future for returning as visitor and what should I do?

    My passport was not stamped on exit, and did not receive any departure order

    I would like to go back after 4 months as visitor?
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

    Aug 5, 2013, 06:42 AM
    There is no way to know until you try to enter. You were not deported because you left voluntarily. Visas and work permits and the like have expiration dates so that the Government knows when/where non-citizens are in Canada. Overstays, obviously, are not looked upon kindly.

    There is no way to know what is on the computer until you attempt to enter.

    You can also stop at the Canadian Consulate and ask.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Aug 5, 2013, 06:44 AM
    I also might want to add... many passports can be read electronically so your departure date might already be in the system... even without the stamp.

    And unless there is an open warrant out for you... they are more than happy to let people that overstayed leave. Getting back in might be another story however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a Canadian citizen working in USA and I need to file income tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Canadian citizen who worked in the USA. I have a Canadian pension that I split with my wife. Do I fill out Schedule NEC?

Canadian self employed person working in the US [ 0 Answers ]

A self employed Canadian citizen with home and business address in Canada running an LLC there is performing maintenance and selling spare parts (of US origin) permanently for several US companies in California. Her has no employees. His wife is his accountant but I don't know if she is employed...

We are canadian and working in California now we are planing to go back [ 0 Answers ]

My family planing to go back to canada ,but we have no idea about moving company rates, are they charge us by the weight or by the capacity ,also we are going to pack everything by ourself so any suggestion for getting low rate and reliable moving company ,because one of top mover give us...

Shoplifting on working holiday visa [ 8 Answers ]

Am on a working holiday visa. It allows me to travel anywhere in the country and work in any city if I please. It is a two year visa only, and you cannot renew or extend it. I was caught shoplifting at the Hudson Bay store, I had previously taken something from there before, shame I know....

Working in PA on a H1B Visa. Canadian citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I am currently working on an H1B Visa for a non-profit. I am a Canadian citizen and been working here since the start of Sept 2006. Which Non Resident form do I fill out for federal income taxes? Is it the 1040EZ? Also, must I fill out a (PA) state income tax form as well? As a H1B...

View more questions Search