Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshua v Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2013, 08:28 PM
    Pressure switch not working right
    Ok guys my pressure switch is kicking on at 10 psi and off at 70 psi how do I fix it or do I need a new pressure switch thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 10:24 PM
    Switch may be defective or may simply be clogged. Turn breakers off and drain system down. Remove switch and clean, also clean pipe that switch is mounted on.
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Jul 28, 2013, 05:31 AM
    You may have a defective gauge; does the flow of water coincide with the gauge reading? You can check the accuracy of the existing gauge - buy a gauge at the home center, and an adaptor to connect it to a hose bib.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had no water banged on pressure switch started working so changed out switch worked [ 7 Answers ]

Had no water Friday night. Banged on switch sat morning and it starting working for a few minutes. Changed out switch sat. afternoon work until Monday morning. Now now water and the breaker is tripped. When I wired it up I put the two wires coming from pump one red and the other black on the two...

Pressure switch to see if it's not working [ 2 Answers ]

How do check a pressure switch to know if its bad?

Pressure switch well pump not working? [ 5 Answers ]

Well pump pressure switch won't shut off at 50psi. Replaced switch and still having the same problem with pressure building at least above 70psi and pump needing to be turned off manually. Any ideas?

Intertherm furnace pressure switch not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a intertherm furnace it is 2 years oid.The light on the panel is blinking twice.Wich says pressure switch open.HOw do I solve thise problem and get my furnace to work again.THANK YOU

Pressure switch well pump not working [ 1 Answers ]

Installed new pressure switch. Single spring. 10 lbs is all I'm getting. Points are closed, pump not kicking in.

View more questions Search