Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Furgy20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Well Water Brown
    I was watering the lawn for the first time since we purchased the house 4 months ago and I noticed after about 3 hours of running the a small sprinkler there was a drop in flow and decided to stop. When I returned into the house I noticed that the cold water was a brownish color. Is it possible that the water is that way due to running the well possibly dry and if so is it just a matter of time for the water to clear up? Any information would help
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2013, 08:48 AM
    If you are pumping a brown sludge, your pump is to far down in well and should be raised about 3 feet. This should clear up the water.

You will also have to clear all the aerators at your faucets.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filled up both tubs using warm water and water is light brown, in kithchen sink too [ 4 Answers ]

'Filled up both tubs using warm water and water is a light brown color. Also filled up sink in kitchen and same thing. Haven't noticed it in showering.. Opened door to hot water heater and did not see any leaks. Should I call a plumber. Don't know first thing about hot water heaters. It is 14 years...

Brown water? Had a cold water pipe crack under sink on 3rd floor bathroom. [ 0 Answers ]

This water ran for days & was undetected until it was coming out the side of the building. Water ran through carpet, carpet pad, subfloor, insulation, carrying cat & dog urine residue & fecal material with it then through another floor,with carpet, pad, etc. To the bottom floor. With at least 12...

Brown water coming from 125lts hot water boiler. [ 3 Answers ]

Installation is in copper and all galvanised fittings have been replaced by copper ones. A slight browish water comes from the tap even after these modifications. Help

Brown Water Coming Out of the Faucets After Water Has Been Shut Off for Awhile [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! Is that normal after the water supply has been shut off for a short or long while? Also, is brown water coming out after doing that a sign that there is something wrong with the plumbing system? Thanks!

View more questions Search