Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leon Janeke73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 01:32 PM
    How to tell my parents?
    I'm turning 40. Been divorced and now my 23 year old girlfriend is pregnant. How do I tell my parents? It will be my first child.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 02:13 PM
    Do they know her? If so, do they like her?

Jul 23, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Do they know her? If so, do they like her?
    Yes
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Well just tell them. Or she tell them, or both of you. Why is this so hard?
    MASTERBEARDOG Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Tell them they will be happy for you bro
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 02:23 PM
    Text speak is agaInst AMHD rules - and it's very difficult to take you seriously when you can't use full words to express yourself.

Jul 23, 2013, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Well just tell them. Or she tell them, or both of you. Why is this so hard?
    Sory my english not very good. Every time we see them my mother rermind us that she don't want more grand children
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 03:39 PM
    You are entitled to be happy and have children. No matter what your mother says.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 04:36 PM
    Your 40 years old, you take them out to dinner with your girlfriend, tell them it is to celebrate. Then when you are all together you just smile and pat her belly and you might not have to say another word.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 05:59 PM
    What Country?

Is the problem that this is an out of wedlock child?

I am surprised that, at 40, you are that concerned about what your parents think. You certainly owe them respect, but why is whether you have children their concern?

Do you have other children? Do you support them? Is that the problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are parents that do drugs considered unfit parents I really need tobefor tomarrow [ 12 Answers ]

I'm living in a life that I can't take any more.. I need to know a way to leave my house its not something like I don't want to do what they say its what they say and do hurts me not phisicaly but verbaly and mentaly. I'm really scared and tired of dealing with what I am I've been told and I see no...

What happens at a military hearing to see if parents of an infant are fit parents [ 3 Answers ]

My grandbaby was born in a military hospital. When he was about 3 weeks old he had to be taken back to hospital because of not gaining weight. While there, the hospital filed a complaint with social services about the care of him. The baby was malnurished, unclean, they had no car seat to take...

Dealing with parents and parents in law [ 5 Answers ]

Im getting married soon. Both parties wants us to have a little service of sorts. Praying etc. The only problem is I don't believe in any religion. I was brought up to be a christian but a few years ago came to the realisation that its all misinformation. I have tried explaing to the parents we...

Wwhat to do if you want to leave your parents and join another family withou parents [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do when I want to leave my family and join another at 16-years old?

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search