Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Warren D Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 12:06 PM
    After flushing the toilet I get a fog horn sound.
    I just replace the diaphragm and now after flushing I get a fog horn sound. I live in a apartment building. What adjustments or replacements can I make.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 01:25 PM
    The problem is difficult to determine without being there. Given the information you provided when you first posted this question I have to guess that the SHUTOFF washer itself is an issue. Here, and I hate to say it, but most likely you'll want to try to get to the washer on the shutoff valve going to the flushometer... suspect it may have torn or loosened when you shut it off to replace the diaphragm.

Other than that I would have to suggest that you call the manufacturer of the flushometer. The tech. services dept. should be able to help!

Mark
    Warren D Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    The problem is difficult to determine without being there. Given the information you provided when you first posted this question I have to guess that the SHUTOFF washer itself is an issue. Here, and I hate to say it, but most likely you'll want to try to get to the washer on the shutoff valve going to the flushometer...suspect it may have torn or loosened when you shut it off to replace the diaphragm.

Other than that I would have to suggest that you call the manufacturer of the flushometer. The tech. services dept. should be able to help!

Mark
    Thanks Mark that's what I thought. I will check it out and get back to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After flushing my toilet it sounds like a fog horn. I have a flushometer. [ 5 Answers ]

I just replace the diaphragm and now after flushing I get a fog horn sound. I live in a apartment building. What adjustments or replacements can I make.

Loud fog horn noise when flushing toilet [ 2 Answers ]

The flat below me and my flat have different toilet noise problems. 1) Flat below seems to make a loud fog horn noise throughout the filling of the tank after a flush. The noise travellers all the way through my flat. 2) My toilet has recently started making a fairly loud squeak for a split...

Fog horn sound when any toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When we flush any of our toilets we hear a very loud fog horn sound. The sound is coming from the basement near the main shut off. We have tried turning off the water and opening all the faucets and flush all the toilets to get the any air out of the lines. It work for about a week then it started...

Flushing toilet loud fog horn noise? But also happened after running bath water. [ 0 Answers ]

This noise has happened occasionally over the past 5 years but more in the past 2 days. It used to be only the toilet in the hall bathroom but now it's also after running bath water in a different bathroom? Help is this a sign of frozen pipes or something bad??

Fog Horn Sound [ 4 Answers ]

Hello plumbing gurus. I have a very loud FOG HORN sound when I turn on any faucet. I turned off all valves leading into every toilet so the toilets are now out of the equation. I then disabled all valves leading into each faucet until the sound went away. I then opened each valve then the...

View more questions Search