Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curtis whitman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 06:23 AM
    I found a certificate for 30 shares
    I purchased a box of old books and I found a certifacate for 30 capital shares for northern oil company from back I'm 1941 the shared were $1.00 back then what should I do I have done some research on it and the person it was issued to he is no longer with us can you tell me if I'm intitled to it seens I have possession of it.thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 01:51 PM
    The stock certificate has the original owner's name and address on it, correct? This is like finding a check made out to someone else - you cannot simply cash such a check without committing fraud. Regarding the Northern Oil Company - there is a Northern Oil and Gas Company listed on the NYSE (ticker = "NOG"), but it's not the same firm since NOG was established in 2006. It would help if you could tell us the address of the "Northern Oil Company" company as listed on the stock certificate.

Jul 23, 2013, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    The stock certificate has the original owner's name and address on it, correct? This is like finding a check made out to someone else - you cannot simply cash such a check without committing fraud. Regarding the Northern Oil Company - there is a Northern Oil and Gas Company listed on the NYSE (ticker = "NOG"), but it's not the same firm since NOG was established in 2006. It would help if you could tell us the address of the "Northern Oil Company" company as listed on the stock certificate.
    this is curt... 30 capital shares.the address 516 4th and pike bldg.seattle wa.there is all so a transfer form like.if he was to sell them and it.sined off by him his name was E.B.schultz I have done some research on him interesting family from Ohio his address was w 612-25 ave.spokane wa. And it was dated June 27,1941 capital stock 30 shares $1.00 a share there was a total of 75,000 shares certifacate# 2235 well let me no some feed back at least thank you for your time C.W

Jul 23, 2013, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    this is curt... 30 capital shares.the address 516 4th and pike bldg.seattle wa.there is all so a transfer form like.if he was to sell them and it.sined off by him his name was E.B.schultz I have done some research on him interesting family from Ohio his address was w 612-25 ave.spokane wa. And it was dated June 27,1941 capital stock 30 shares $1.00 a share there was a total of 75,000 shares certifacate# 2235 well let me no some feed back at least thank you for your time C.W

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My father died last, upon cleaning out his house I found my birth certificate. [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away last year. I was cleaning out his house and found a copy of my birth certificate. Upon finding this there was a note on the back stating that"a trust was set up under child's social security number" how do I find out where this trust is?

Issuing new shares, to purchase assets that increase the value of all of the shares, [ 2 Answers ]

As an example ABC ltd, has assets of $500,000 and liabilities of $500,000, with a turnover of $100,000 and a profit of $10,000, retained earning of negative $20,000. ABC Ltd was set up with only one share and it is held by the single share holder. Then ABC Ltd (under the direction of the...

Found a silver certificate . [ 8 Answers ]

So I'm in a bar on St. patty's day. I try to buy a beer but the bartender looks at one of my dollar bills funny and hands it back. Says it's counterfeit. So I take it back and hand him another dollar. Turns out the bill in question is a silver certificate from 1928. The number is 23242234A. The...

Shares certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Up to what extent does the clause "transfer of these certificate is restricted" applicable?

View more questions Search