Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samiam1935 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2013, 02:04 PM
    What would cause yellow/orange seepage at base of toilet?
    I rent an apartment. Maintenance has replaced the wax ring three times in three years due to appearance few months later of yellow/orange seepage at the base of the toilet.
    Last week they told me this was mildew. I do not agree.

My toilet area has a mild sewage odor and the seepage mentioned above has run from the base along seams of the vinyl tile on both sides of toilet. The seepage is mildly moist and bugs have been found rolling around in the seepage areas occasionally. This creeps me out and is not sanitary.

I have photos if you have a way for me to send them to you.

Thanks for your help. Any advice will be forwarded to the complex Manager for her consideration.

Sandra L.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
    To post a picture.
    Load picture to computer in JPEG format

Enter your reply in the "Quick Answer " box.
    Click "Go Advanced" button beneath "Quick Answer" block.
    Scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments" button.
    Browse to find picture, high light file and click "Open".
    Click "Upload".
    Submit answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing orange to cream or yellow [ 1 Answers ]

I bought paint I thought was yellow but it turned out it was orange. Can it be changed to yellow by adding some base white?

Toner. Yellow/orange hair [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I dyed my hair red(from blonde) It turned out a really pretty color, but the red ended up only staying in the roots, and the rest turned a light brown color. So... I decided to go back blonde. I used a bleach, and put it on my roots for about half hour, then sprad the bleach out to the...

Yellow/orange color [ 1 Answers ]

How would you explain the appearance of a yellow/orange color in a stove burner flame when water salted with NaCl boils over from a pot into the flame?

15 orange sweets and 10 yellow sweets 1 gets taken,probability it was orange? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 15 orange sweets and 10 yellow sweets 1 gets taken out of the packet, what is the probability that the sweetis: (A) orange (B) yellow

Toilet water seepage to walls, plaster, ceiling. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, We had an overflow toilet in our bathroom that was seeping water for approximately 8 hours. We were able to turn off the toilet after discovering the overflow. The water has seeped through the downstairs ceiling and we also noticed water coming down in the basement as well as an exterior...

View more questions Search