Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peterlj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Dripping Noise - Water Heater or Water Softener
    I have a closet that contains furnace, water heater and water softener. I have a constant loud dripping noise coming from one of the three.

I had the furnace serviced and the dripping noise is still there.

Should I have the water heater serviced? Or the water softener? Is there any way for me to determine which one is the culprit?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2013, 07:10 AM
    You say you have a dripping noise... do you actually have water pooling up someoplace?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water softener turbine whining noise? [ 3 Answers ]

When water is turned on in the house, the softner emits a whinning noise. When the water is shut off the whinning stops. The valve overflow drain weeps a little water too ! Could this be a bad turbine.

Noise from water tank after flushing, and dripping [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet is 12 years old. Starting 1 month ago, there's a loud (hissing) noise coming from the water tank every time after I flush the toilet. I have attached an image of the type of my water tank, which I borrowed from a posting on your site. This noise gradually stops as the water...

Constant dripping noise from water heater tank in airing cupboard / ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if any one can help me shed some light on an annoying problem? About a week ago I started hearing a constant dripping and trickling noise in the house, it is quite faint but loud enough to stop you from sleeping every night. I think it's coming from the water tank heater in the airing...

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

New water heater dripping? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I installed a new water heater 3yrs ago,replaced upper element 1yr ago. Had 6 months problem free after installing element. One day water started slow dripping from the relief valve on the side. Thinking the valve might be at fault I replaced it with a new one- same problem still exists. ...

View more questions Search