Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minionman2005 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2013, 03:29 AM
    Litter box problems new kitten
    Was wondering anyone know how to train a kitten to use the litter box? He uses the litter box fine to poop but for some reason he likes to climb into our bed and pee on our bed spread, he knows the litter box uses the litter box but will not pee in the litter box, I just watched him climb onto the bed and find a spot right beside my wife's head while she was asleep and peed, I have woken up before and had wet spots near me on the blanket as well. I know he uses the litter box because I have to clean it out any solutions would be very much appreciated
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 04:10 AM
    First things first, make sure there is no medical problem. Cats pretty much train themselves.
    If he is urinating on your bed he may be trying to tell you something. Get him in to the vet and have him checked for a urinary tract infection and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten peeing outside litter box [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 12 week old kitten who didn't pee for almost 24 hours. She then decided to pee in the bin with the news papers and there was a big amount. She had a sister that passed away this week from an intestinal disease and I am wondering if she is missing her. I have put her litter box...

New kitten help litter box issues [ 4 Answers ]

hey everyone I recently got 3 kittens from a friend and am having issues with one of them, the other 2 use the litter box just fine and cover it up, but he will be somewhere playing and just randomly start going on himself, he won't even make an effort to try and find the litter box, I have to keep...

Kitten pees in and outside the litter box [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old kitten that will use the litter box 90% of the time but 3 times a week she will pee behind the washing machine less then 3 feet away. She will always poop in the box but pee sometimes behind the washing machine. Could this be stress? I'm a total loss. Please help... any...

Kitten with litter box problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is coming up on 15 weeks old. We trained him to use the litter box and we have seen him use it. Our problem is this: He KNOWS how to use the litter box but apparently refuses to do so unless he wants to. We are finding piles all over our home and he is the ONLY one not...

Kitten peep next to her litter box [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madame, I really need some help before going to spend hundreds of hundreds dollar to have a kitten's trainer come in and train my lovely white kitten. My 4 months old kitten will peep next to her litter box where she poop inside. I mean she will poop inside her litter box however, she...

View more questions Search