Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizziev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 11:57 PM
    Bug bite
    I was recently in South Africa and thought I was bitten by a mosquito, but 2 days later I noticed it had turned into a ring shape. Now 2 weeks later the ring is getting a little bigger (about 3/4" diameter) and definitely itchier. Is this an insect bit or possibly ringworm? I currently do not have medical insurance and am not sure what to do
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2013, 01:19 AM
    I'm not familiar with what you might get in S Africa, but it does sound like ringworm on the face of it. Ringworm is a fungus, not a worm, as you probably know, and is easily treatable. Get a $2 off coupon at Lamisil.com.
    The last time I had ringworm, about 30 years ago, I remember that I was sure I had felt a really big 'bite' from an insect or something at that spot, even though it was at the top of my leg under all my clothes and while driving in my car. Maybe it was, since fungus and bacteria usually find a break in the skin, no matter how small.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 01:56 AM
    Agree, if you want a non medical advice, I used to put finger nail polish on my ringworm (not a worm) it would burn, but cured it up quickly.

But many good products for it.

Keep a eye on it, if it appears infected and keep spreading, get to the doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bug bite with streaks [ 0 Answers ]

I got a bug bite tonight, and now there are indented streak marks running down my arm. Should I go to the ER?

Bug bite on my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering what I should do for my boyfriend. He's 28 years old and got bit by something on his lower left calf, has a low grade fever, is clammy and complaining that his left leg is locking up. He keeps telling me he does not need to go to the emergency room, but should I be taking him to...

Bug Bite/Rash? [ 1 Answers ]

Late last week my roommate was complaining about a spot in his back hurting, I kept checking, but nothing was there, yet, when I ran my fingers over and pressed a certain area he said it hurt. Sunday a rash appeared in that spot that looks like poison ivy, but he hasn't been around any and it...

A new bug bite? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello :) ill try to give as much info as I can. I was getting undressed last night for bed. When I found a bug bite. It was right on one of my... ahem... chest... (sorry :o ) It is a welp. And as soon as I took my shirt and bra off, it started to itch and HURT badly as if it was a fire...

View more questions Search