Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princespeachesx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Fish tank filter
    Is it okay If I put a smaller filter in there temporarily because the one filter that does fit is super dirty and I have yet to go to the store for a new one
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 11, 2013, 06:37 PM
    You can use a smaller filter but also clean the old one and use it in conjunction with the other temporarily. Get to the store as soon as you can as you could kill your fish if you don't.
    DrGuy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 04:41 AM
    I'm guessing you mean one of those like filter floss type cartridges? Just rinsing out the old one is a better option. The cartridge really shouldn't be changed until rinsing it ends with it falling apart. Just rinse it out in tank water in a separate container. Rinsing it in tap water will kill much of the bacteria growing in it.

005: Maintaining Your Freshwater Aquarium Setup - Aquarium Setup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Fish Would You recommend I Buy For My Cichlid Fish Tank? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 26 gallon cichlid fish tank. I am looking to buy more fish. So far I have 2 red blood parrot fish, 1 black knife fish, and 2 snails. I know I can't have many fish since cichlids are territorial, but what fish would you recommend to buy? Thanks!

Do I need to remove my carbon filter from my fish tank? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive just recently brought API LEAF ZONE fertilizer, I'm just wondering if I should take my carbon filter out because I've heard adding treatments will be taken out because of the carbon filter. Then I'm thinking surely not with plant fertilizer? Please advise. THANKS

Tropical fish tank filter cycle. [ 1 Answers ]

Ive just recently brought a 64ltr fish tank, I've run it for around 4 days until I put my first batch of fish in which were 4 mollys. Ive been adding the bacteria as stated and after around 7 more days I brought 6 corydoras. Iam NOT going to add any more fish now until the filter has been...

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search