Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clcjcpg1127 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Travel ban
    My boyfriend was illegally in the US. He went back to Honduras. I want to file for a fiancée visa so we can get married but I was told that there may be a travel ban on him. Is this true? How do I find out? And can I get it removed? Please help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2013, 01:30 PM
    Depends whether it was a permanent or temporary ban. If it is permanent it cannot be removed.

He would have been told when he was deported.

HE needs to contact Homeland Security/Immigration and ask.

Jul 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Depends whether it was a permanent or temporary ban. If it is permanent it cannot be removed.

He would have been told when he was deported.

HE needs to contact Homeland Security/Immigration and ask.
    He was not deported he just bought a plane ticket and flew home to see him family
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 11, 2013, 09:37 AM
    I assume he entered US on visitor's visa and his visa expired, if this is correct, he's banned from entering US again. Term depends on how long he has been illegal in US, If he overstayed for more than 12 months, then he is banned for 10 years.

Jul 11, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    I assume he entered US on visitor's visa and his visa expired, if this is correct, he's banned from entering US again. Term depends on how long he has been illegal in US, If he overstayed for more than 12 months, then he is banned for 10 years.
    he had a child here with another woman from Honduras. His child is a citizen here. We want to get married and fight for the child to be allowed to come back. She took the child back to Honduras... any suggestions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel ban to all GCC countries -true? [ 3 Answers ]

I lost my job since 2009 and tried to look for work in Dubai. However, due to the crisis I was not able to find one. So no option for me to stay but to go back to my country. I left 4 cards and a unpaid loan. Collection agencies were calling me and forcing me to pay, others were not sure if I am...

How can you remove travel ban to Dubai. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, one of my friends went to Dubai about 7 years ago on a visit visa. While he was interviewing at a small company for a job, the police arrested him. The allegation was that a visitor is not allowed to work while on a visit visa. My friend was put on trial. In a week's time, the judge...

View more questions Search