Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oholycats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
    Lost stocks
    If a person bought stocks from companies like Janus and Nasdaq in 1992 but doesn't have any proof and number of stocks purchased is unknown is there any way for them to retrieve them?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 30, 2013, 12:31 PM
    Did this person go through an agent ? Even then would be iffy though on finding the numbers and proof.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 06:37 AM
    All may not be lost...

Please clarify what you mean by "bought stocks from companies like Janus and Nasdaq..." Janus is a mutual fund company, so do you mean that you bought Janus mutual fund shares? Nasdaq is an exchange, so do you mean you bought shares in a company listed on the Nasdaq (such as Apple or Oracle, etc)? Regarding Janus mutual funds - try contacting investor services at Janus to find out about your lost shares - see: https://ww3.janus.com/Janus/Retail/ContactJanus As for shares in individual companies - if you know the company name of shares you bought you can do a search for investor services - each company should be able to direct you to their transfer agent, who keeps all their shareholder records.

One other suggestion - if a mutual fund company like Janus looses contact with an investor after a time they are required to surrender the account to the state. You can check with the state you lived in at the time using the web site NAUPA . It's free, and I suggest checking every state that you have ever resided in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I recover lost paperwork of stocks bought in 1969 and 1970 [ 0 Answers ]

I worked for westinghouse at 5730 clinton dr. houston Texas during that time.

Lost $500 in stocks [ 1 Answers ]

How can I claim my losses on my 2008 tax return? If yes do I deduct $500 additionally to the standard deduction? I file form 1040. Which Line do I claim my losses on? Thanks a lot

Stocks- Help [ 1 Answers ]

December 31,2006, company had outstanding 180,000 shares of common stock. Net income for 2006 was $285,000. Outstanding options to purchase 15,000 shares of common stock at $20 per share had not been exercised by December 31,2006, market prices for common stock were: July 1, 2006: $18 per share...

View more questions Search