Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jun 14, 2013, 09:38 PM
    Bing vs Google
    I totally hate Bing search, I have Google as my default, but every time I search, it switches to Bing. How can I get rid of Bing or keep it from taking over my laptop?
    depressed_one Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 11:09 PM
    What web browser are you on?

Jun 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnreiner View Post
    1.Download and Install Google Chrome(the best web browser) in your laptop.
    2.Go to Settings, In Search Category select Google as your default search engine and also select your default browser as Google Chrome
    3.Save the changes and you can use Google for every search you intend to do.

Thank you, I already had Google Chrome, and I did as you said and it worked. Thanks so much! Also, I am new to laptops, and this one is also windows 8. I go back and forth from this to my other computer which is XP. It gets confusing sometimes But at least I don't have to deal with Bing anymore. I do use other browsers at times. Will this work for Foxfire if I put Google as default? Another question, (I need lots of help) Java, and flash player, it keeps telling me I need this, but when I try to download it, my antivirus warms me. Is there a safe place to download these?

Jun 18, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by johnreiner View Post
    Yeah, you can set Google as the default search engine in any browser you want. Java and flash are not virus. So, you can avoid the warning from your anti-virus and download it. Be sure you are downloading it from their official websites (i.e,) java.com and adobe.com
    I get a pop-up window that tells me I need to upgrade, or download these, maybe that is why antivirus catches them. Thanks for telling me the official sites. I will check those out and see if I do need to do anything.
    puebloan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 09:28 AM
    What is your antivirus? Go to that product's forum and you'll get much more targeted answers. I use Defender, so I go to answers.microsoft.com. Actually, that's a good practice for all your software.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 09:37 AM
    By "Bing", do you mean IE10?
    No. Bing is a webpage, IE10 is a web browser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google or Bing? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everybody, lol! Hey, which is better, Google or bing?

Home page, favorites work fine, if I do a Google or bing search, r: can't open page [ 1 Answers ]

I.E. Home page is MSN, I can open any link on that and works fine, If I do a new search on Google or bing, get can not open page. I have another computer at home that works fine, have compared settings and all are same. Please help.

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

Bing Crosby [ 2 Answers ]

Which character did Bing Crosby play in the film White Christmas

View more questions Search