Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darkangel4104 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Boyfriend isn't interested in sex,
    I have a problem I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 3 years and its now been a year since we have done the you know. I get shut down every time I try and I have tried to sit down and talk to him about it but he just gets really mad. He does drink a lot and has been on the same job 12 years so not sure if its beer or stress or just not into me any more. We have a 2 year old son together. I am 23 and he's 35 and I am at a loss on what's wrong. Is he's gay or cheating?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 17, 2013, 08:26 AM
    Is it stress? Maybe exhaustion, those are the two main libido killers. Though heavy drinking can be a problem too; whisky is what it is known as, the inability to get hard due to alcohol consumption. It concerns me that you can't talk to him about it without him getting angry. If he's getting angry about it, it could be that there is medical issues. Getting checked out and maybe getting him to slow down on the drink.

As well from a relationship standpoint I would start protecting yourself in case this all falls apart. Sexual problems can manifest because of other issues. I have a sinking feeling that this relationship isn't going to last another year. As much as you can set aside some money and start financially protecting yourself. Get an exit plan in place if it becomes bad. I just have a feelings things are going to go south.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2013, 08:32 AM
    I agree and a combination of all of them.

If he will not talk about it, that is a real issue,

You need to sit down, outside the bedroom and have a long talk, and perhaps get into counseling
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 3, 2013, 08:18 PM
    That is quite an age difference. He is entering the , probably, toughest years in a man's life. 30 something's have enormous pressure at that stage of their lives because at this point, every decision will determine the rest of it. His drinking probably does not help at all. Alcohol destroys lives. It is not an aphrodisiac. It causes depression. It causes chemically induced fatigue. Gay or Cheating? Really? A little maturity on your part would probably help a bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend isn't interested in sex! [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for nearly 5 months we have done it maybe 5 times :/ I always try and be sexy and cute to get him in the mood he just puts his head down in frustration and says nooooo I don't feel like it! I feel depressed and it starts fights :( I get hit on a lot when I go out and...

My boyfriend isn't interested in sex [ 6 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for about a year and a half. We are both in our mid 50s. When we first started dating, we had sex frequently. About six months into the relationship, his desire seemed to decrease and our sex life has gradually decreased to nothing. We have had sex three times this...

My boyfriend isn't at all as interested in having sex with me as he used to be... [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have known each other for a few years, and been together for a year. He treats me like gold and we have an excellent relationship. We live together, and work so well together. I love him very much, I trust him, I confide in him, he is like my best friend. In October of this...

My boyfriend isn't interested in sex, what can I do? [ 12 Answers ]

I am going out with my boyfriend about a year now and he has trouble with sex. He can get turned on easily and there is never any problems with oral sex. But when we try have sex he becomes soft. He's only 22 and very fit and healthy. We've never had proper sex in the year we are together and I...

Boyfriend isn't interested in sex/turned off by me initiating sex? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm at my wit's end and need help! Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years just moved in together 3 months ago. We've had our ups and downs and have made it through a lot of tough times together. In the beginning of the relationship we had sex as much as possible. We were...

View more questions Search