Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patricew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Etching Information
    I have a signed etching that has a stamp of a crown with a "c" in the middle and also a stamped image of an academic in academic garb. The etching looks like it was done at the turn of the century. The scene is an academic building and seated on a bench is a scholar. Also walking down the walkway is a couple. Any idea of who did this etching, where it was done or when? It is signed in pencil but I can't make out the name. It looks like an L for the first name and possible O'M... for the last name?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 12:46 AM
    What kind of etching is it? Type of metal, etc. Or, is it made of wood? How large is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paris etching [ 1 Answers ]

I have a print with Copyright 1935 Camilla Lucas N Y USA in the upper right hand corner. It has a triangle with SZL in the lower left hand corner. In pencil it is signed Charlot in the lower right hand corner, and in the lower left hand corner it is titled Sur la Piere, also in pencil. Wondering...

Etching by Philippe. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody. I have an etching by Philippe named Near Chartres in France. It is signed in pencil and the title on the front is in French. There is a No. in the left hand corner (116) & three letters SLZ. It is a country scene with a straw roof cottage and a hay Mow separated by a river. ...

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search