Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa Grimes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2013, 11:37 AM
    Garage Door Opener / Entry pad
    I bought a new craftsman garage door opener and it didn't come with the keypad entry (outside). I want to use my old craftsman outside entry. How do I reset the code to match my new opener?
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Jun 1, 2013, 06:47 PM
    The old keypad likely needs to be compatible and you didn't state how old it is. Through about 1992 the codes were set with a series of switches; through about 1997 they went to a billion code setup; then switched to a rolling code set up, which is what you have now.

Look at the instruction manuaI section "Programming". I installed my Craftsman in 2004 and it detailed programming a keyless entry, even though it didn't come with one. You might try following the programming instructions just to see if it works, even if it is an old keypad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reset keyless entry craftsman garage door opener? [ 0 Answers ]

I have the garage opener by Craftsman model 139.53684. I like to know how to reset the password.

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

Craftsman garage door opener keyless entry forgot code [ 3 Answers ]

Have a craftsman garage door opener with keyless entry. It's approx 7 yrs old and I can't remember the code to open the door. Need help so that kids can come in and out without having to take a key. Any help is appreciated

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

Garage door opener keyless entry reset [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reset the keyless entry password on my garage door opener? It's a craftsman 1/3hp, model # 139.23325SRT.

View more questions Search