Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debby E Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2013, 08:39 PM
    Ancient Indian caste system before 1500CE
    So I'm doing a project on the ancient Indian caste system, and its suppose to be in a format of a newspaper. One of the parts of it is suppose to be an interview with a person of that time and it has to be an actual person. Another is an editorial where someone give their opinion about the whole thing, once again it has to be a real person. Ive tried my text book and the internet (most sites) but I can't seem to find any sufficient information.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2013, 08:42 PM
    A real person from long ago? What he/she thought of the caste system or something about being in one?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2013, 09:01 PM
    What about interviewing Megasthenes (ca. 350-290 BCE), the Greek ambassador to Chandragupta Maurya's court in India, who classified people of India into seven classes: philosophers, peasants, herdsmen, craftsmen and traders, soldiers, government officials and councillors.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 29, 2013, 10:33 PM
    The ancient Indian caste system has 4 main groups, brahman, kshtriya, vaishya and shudra. Under these groups comes all the castes with different skills, trades and ranks. 1500 BC can be close to vedic era. The one person and book on caste system is manu smiriti written by king manu.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is about 90% indian muslim are converted from low caste of hindu? [ 5 Answers ]

Assalamu alikum Sir one of my friend told me that about 90% indian muslim are converted from low cast of hindu religiion. It is true or false.

Hi I am bharati... I am maharashtrian and my boyfriend is south Indian, not of my caste. [ 13 Answers ]

THREADS MERGED Hi I am bharati... I am maharashtrian and my boyfriend is south Indian, as he is not of my caste my parents are not allowing me to marry him... he loves me since 9years and we both got in relationship from last 6months... earlier he was a very good friend of mine but he kept...

How does the democratic system in ancient rome [ 3 Answers ]

I need to find out about the political system in ancient rome such as how it works the different partys and some interesting facts HELP!!

Ancient Rome system of law [ 2 Answers ]

Did ancient rome have a highly developed system of law and government?

Ancient rome had a highly developed system of law and government? [ 3 Answers ]

Ancient rome had a highly developed system of law and government?

View more questions Search