Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baddog2369 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Sucking air
    I have a 01 Heritage Softail. Last week I ran it till the low fuel light came on. After filling up I started to notice that it wasn't running right. Its been backfiring both through the intake and the exhaust. I have also noticed that tge fuel mileage has droped by 20 miles per tank. There is also a sucking noise from the frount.

>Merged Threads<
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 30, 2013, 06:17 AM
    Check your vacuum lines.
    The Vacuum leak can sometimes be found with starting fluid. RPM's will increase when sprayed at the leak.
    baddog2369 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2013, 06:20 PM
    What is it??
    I have a 01 Heritage Softail, I thought I had a vacuum leak. I don't. It still sounds like it but I checked all the lines. I have paid closer attention to what its doing. It still back fires and cackles a lot but only when I get below a half tank. I have tried to put 92 octane gas in and injector cleaner, but still no change. I have sprayed eather around the gas lines, no change. I have ruled out electronics do to the problem is only there at a half tank.
    What next?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Clogged fuel lines/filter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold air from return ducts and main return duct not sucking in air [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new furnace installed. When the heat came on the furnace was screaming (making so much noise I could not sleep. I called the furnace company. The man came out and said the return duct in the crawl space was not connected and the furnace was not sucking in enough air. He supposedly made a...

Return Air vent sucking air... and being really loud about it [ 5 Answers ]

In the middle of our living room is a return-air vent. It goes straight up to 2 of the bedrooms upstairs also. When the furnace kicks on, the noise coming from the vent down here is rediculously loud, almost to a point where nothing else is distinguishable above the wind sound. The furnace's...

My cold air return blows cool air instead of sucking air [ 7 Answers ]

My cold air return blows cool air instead of sucking air

Are.V. Freezing tonight, drained water, added A.F, but pump sucking air.what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ! Hope someone can help. We just drained all water lines and tanks. My husband has winterized one time before about 3 years ago, and did same procedure: drained all water and lines, then He added antifreeze into water tank, turned on pump. And pump sucked it into all lines.. and out faucets,...

Return blowing air instead of sucking [ 12 Answers ]

Just purchased a condo in AZ. Home inspection noted no problems with AC unit. Don't know brand or if it is a heatpump - think it may be since it is one unit supplying AC and heat. Last week, at one point, I turned AC on and cold air was blowing out of return instead of sucking and no air was...

View more questions Search